Tuesday 20 November 2012

Kitten Names

Well, they're named...whether the names are good or bad they're done now and for the time I have them they'll probably stick. Anything is better than the names they came in with (oh boy).

Mother cat is now Marley as per naming from a volunteer. Her actual name when she came in was Sadie...
Marley relaxing in the playpen

The biggest of the kittens is the grey and white boy. He is past 600 grams and dropped by the shelter today to become a big boy and get his first vaccination. He is officially called Itchy since he's been here as a friend named his other brother - will get to that later. When he was admitted he was apparently called Dodge...
Itchy climbing the scratching post

Second biggest and also a big girl now is the fluffy calico Miss Priss. Or really Miss Prissy Princess. She's pretty and hissy and quite particular. By far she's the most confident and/or outspoken of the group and the title suits her much better than her original name which was Jayla. Prissy also reached a high enough weight to be given her first vaccination.
Pretty Miss Priss 

Third is Scratchy the dilute ginger and white boy. A friend came over to visit with her boyfriend and the boyfriend mentioned he was a bit scratchy. I dived on it as a name and therefore the boys became Itchy and Scratchy. I do not watch The Simpsons anymore but I did when I was younger. Anything suits him better than Chevy...
Scratchy with his sad little face

Lastly is little Hidey. She was apparently quite wild and feisty when she came in. She was originally known as Janie I think. I think she's the one that depends on her mother the most as she's the only one I've witnessed nursing.
Hidey ' I gots a mouse' and Prissy photo-bombing
her sisters photo 'Incoming!'

I set up the playpen yesterday so I could clean the main cage they're in. The kittens had a ball. There was a scratching post, room for running, new things to investigate, ways to set up their siblings and pounce on them...it was much too cute.
Hidey after sampling some wet food 'slurp'
Scratchy being cheeky 'slurp'

After I'd cleaned I hopped in the playpen with them and stayed still or waved a little bit of string at them to see if they'd play with me. A few times they walked up to my foot or stepped on me without realizing it then suddenly it dawned where they were and they reversed backwards staring at me with wide eyes. Prissy is really the only one that hisses if she's looked at or something gets too close for comfort. Thankfully she doesn't go nuts when you pick her up.
Prissy and Scratchy sharing scary stories
Competitions on who could climb the highest
Prissy teaching her brother how to do it right 'uh now to get down...'

Finally all the little kittens were returned to their cage and soon they'd zonked out sleeping peacefully.
Tired little kittens
Miss Priss looking peaceful

Hidey & Scratchy back in their 'safe' corner

Big day for such little kittens 

4 comments:

  1. oh goodness hey are all so adorable.. I love all the tongues.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your new babies are looking very healthy and soooo cute. I wish I could get time to come and see you while you have kittens! Hopefully before the season is over! Looking forward to reading more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. :) I hope so too Megs thanks for leaving comments

    ReplyDelete
  4. Due to connection problems there won't be updates. A major service building burnt down close to my location and has affected phone, eftpos and Internet services. The company is working on the smaller locations and mobile services before Internet so may not be up and running until late this week or even next week depending on the problems that arise. I have NOT abandonned this blog and will have a stack of pics to upload when I am able. Hopefully back soon. *fingers crossed*

    ReplyDelete

In a Prickle

Events of 13th January 2016 Well there always comes a time in the season where its a juggle between kittens that need care and ones that do...